Friday, February 18, 2011

Never Cut Yourself Short

One time when I was in college, I had this economics course where the instructor allowed one test to be dropped or not taken. I needed an A to transfer to the university. I was sitting between an A and a B. I was feeling negative about this particular test. I remember standing by the classroom door trying to decide whether or not to go through the agony of taking this test. I had the choice of not taking it. Why not just leave and go have a coffee and relax instead I asked myself. I just felt so negative about the material involved with this test. What should I do? Finally, it came time for the instructor to close the door for the test. Somehow, I slid into the room as the door went shut. I sat down. What the heck! I could always just leave if I wanted to.

I drudged through the test taking my best guesses. I was one of the last to leave the room. I agonizingly handed the paper onto the pile. I just felt that this grade was going to be an embarrassment. Even though it would not count, it would still be an embarrassment I felt.

At the next class, the instructor handed the corrected tests back to the students. He always placed them face down. I picked up the paper and flipped it slowly. I could feel the tension of my blood pumping. Oh, my god! It was an A.
Tony Campos at http://www.WorldEnquirer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment